As predicted, regulation by the Financial Services Authority is starting to bite and provincial brokers are selling up and getting out.
Personal lines is widely expected to be the hardest hit, with Norwich Union and Outright among those already offering to take over personal lines that brokers can no longer support.
The hard market is also having an effect on provincial brokers. Things have got so bad that, according to Aon, companies and trade associations are now turning to captives. Smaller
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move