As predicted, regulation by the Financial Services Authority is starting to bite and provincial brokers are selling up and getting out.
Personal lines is widely expected to be the hardest hit, with Norwich Union and Outright among those already offering to take over personal lines that brokers can no longer support.
The hard market is also having an effect on provincial brokers. Things have got so bad that, according to Aon, companies and trade associations are now turning to captives. Smaller
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders