pressure to keep their overheads down. That can often mean reducing, or
not increasing, the number of people they employ.
The need to control the head count is one reason why some companies have
opted to outsource claims handling. Another is the belief that handing the
task to a third party can often result in a more efficient service to the
Put bluntly, if you give the job to somebody else, you can always take it
back again if
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA