Richard Watson has announced he will retire from his role as chief underwriting officer at Hiscox on 31 December 2019.
The provider noted that the search for his replacement has begun, adding that both internal and external candidates will be considered.
Watson has been with Hiscox for 33 years and during his time at the company, he also worked as CEO of Hiscox Global Markets and CEO of Hiscox USA. In addition, Watson has spent five years as a Hiscox board member.
Hiscox stated that he will
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?