Sharing economy insurance provider, Pikl, has raised £2.5m as part of a fund raise headed up by Esure and Direct Line founder Peter Wood.
The investment represents a minority stake in the Norwich-based business, which was set-up in 2016 by former Co-op and Gallagher head of pricing, Louise Birritteri.
Wood is chairman and a significant investor in both Esure Group and GoCo Group.
According to a statement from Pikl, Wood and Esure, backed by Bain Capital, are investing in Pikl alongside a
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Lloyd’s suspends employee for “inappropriate comments” – report
- Brokers monitoring capacity shortages after TMKI run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- Tokio Marine Kiln: Figures revealed following closure of UK arm
- Market moves: Change is in the air
- GRP’s County Group purchases Eric Rawlins & Company
- Profit margins for UK brokers at highest level in eight years