Sharing economy insurance provider, Pikl, has raised £2.5m as part of a fund raise headed up by Esure and Direct Line founder Peter Wood.
The investment represents a minority stake in the Norwich-based business, which was set-up in 2016 by former Co-op and Gallagher head of pricing, Louise Birritteri.
Wood is chairman and a significant investor in both Esure Group and GoCo Group.
According to a statement from Pikl, Wood and Esure, backed by Bain Capital, are investing in Pikl alongside a
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click