Managing general agents (MGAs) have been a part of the UK market for ages – certainly for as long as I’ve been working. Despite this, it’s amazing how little understood they are, not least by themselves!
I recall the first meeting of MGAs to discuss the formation of the Managing General Agents’ Association (MGAA) and the trickiest part of the meeting was deciding what constitutes an MGA and trying to select exactly who could join.
So, it’s no surprise that MGAs are regulated as if they were
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns