Steve White, CEO of the British Insurance Brokers’ Association, used his conference address on Wednesday morning to highlight the need for brokers to attract young talent as the industry becomes more technologically sophisticated.
Opening Biba’s annual conference, White said: “It is no longer sufficient to seek the same old skills we have sought for a generation.
“Our lives have become increasingly digitalised. Our customers expect our services to follow that trend.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA