Allianz UK’s Q1 2019 results saw nearly a 10% rise in commercial lines gross written premium (GWP) to £319.5m.
However, the provider’s commercial lines combined operating ratio (COR) deteriorated to 96.7% from the 95.1% posted for the same time period last year.
The firm’s overall results saw a fall in GWP to £493.5m from £542.7m in Q1 last year. Its operating profit rose however to £51.2m (Q1 2018: £39.8m) and it’s COR was 94.8%, compared to 95.2% in the first quarter of 2018.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product