Allianz UK’s Q1 2019 results saw nearly a 10% rise in commercial lines gross written premium (GWP) to £319.5m.
However, the provider’s commercial lines combined operating ratio (COR) deteriorated to 96.7% from the 95.1% posted for the same time period last year.
The firm’s overall results saw a fall in GWP to £493.5m from £542.7m in Q1 last year. Its operating profit rose however to £51.2m (Q1 2018: £39.8m) and it’s COR was 94.8%, compared to 95.2% in the first quarter of 2018.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Sure Thing! to be rebranded following sale to Policy Expert
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand