Allianz UK’s Q1 2019 results saw nearly a 10% rise in commercial lines gross written premium (GWP) to £319.5m.
However, the provider’s commercial lines combined operating ratio (COR) deteriorated to 96.7% from the 95.1% posted for the same time period last year.
The firm’s overall results saw a fall in GWP to £493.5m from £542.7m in Q1 last year. Its operating profit rose however to £51.2m (Q1 2018: £39.8m) and it’s COR was 94.8%, compared to 95.2% in the first quarter of 2018.
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester