Managing general agent (MGA) Fiducia no longer has capacity from Hiscox for its marine cargo proposition, Insurance Age can reveal.
According to the MGA’s CEO, Gerry Sheehy, Hiscox used to lead on its cargo offering with Travelers and Axis also providing capacity.
However, when Fiducia sought to renew the arrangement on the same terms Hiscox came back with a reduced offer.
“We were looking to renew with Hiscox and they were happy to but would only renew the UK section of our binding authority
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning