Lorica is in sale talks with West Malling-headquartered Aston Scott, Insurance Age understands.
According to one source the firm is in pole position to snap up Lorica with discussions well underway.
However, another market expert told Insurance Age that there could be a second bidder involved.
The Hemel Hempstead-headquartered business was previously linked with a potential sale but denied that it was in discussions with GRP.
Lorica, which reported an operating loss of £1.95m for 2015
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1