Lorica is in sale talks with West Malling-headquartered Aston Scott, Insurance Age understands.
According to one source the firm is in pole position to snap up Lorica with discussions well underway.
However, another market expert told Insurance Age that there could be a second bidder involved.
The Hemel Hempstead-headquartered business was previously linked with a potential sale but denied that it was in discussions with GRP.
Lorica, which reported an operating loss of £1.95m for 2015
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click