The Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) has published a list of the insurers for which it has approved the use of a full or partial internal model under the Solvency II Directive.
The regulator did not provide details as to which firm had full or partial approval.
The approvals are effective from 1 January 2016.
Any relevant insurer not listed will have to use the European Union's standardised model.
However the situation is further complicated by the fact that some insurers will have had
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA