Aspen Insurance Holdings has sent a third letter to shareholders urging them to reject the proposed takeover offer from Endurance Specialty Holdings.
The news came as the Bermuda-based business said it expected to deliver $775m - $780m [£452m-£455m] for the second quarter of 2014.
In its preliminary announcement the provider also stated that the combined operating ratio should come in at 90-91%.
In addition Aspen reported that non-recurring items in the three months, including costs
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA