Towergate Insurance has confirmed the acquisition of Footman James.
The specialist classic car and motorcycle broker was established in 1983 and was previously owned by Aon UK.
The purchase of Footman James represents Towergate’s 15th acquisition this year.
Mark Hodges, group CEO at the consolidator, said: “Acquiring and integrating good quality businesses is central to our growth strategy. Footman James has built a market leading specialist motor operation with a strong track record and brand
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman