Towergate Insurance has declared a 3% fall in operating earnings for the first nine months of 2013 to £116m from £120m in the same period of 2012.
The news came as the group admitted misallocating £15m of client money between November 2007 and January 2011.
The interim management statement for the year to date to 30 September 2013 also revealed that gross written premium rose 2% to £2.35bn from £2.32bn.
Income was up by the same percentage to £334.8m (Q3 YTD 2012: £327m).
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic