This is a reduction of £0.2m compared with £1.7m reported for the previous year.
The broker’s operating profit also fell, from £2.2m in 2012 to £2m in 2013. Meanwhile, turnover increased by 24%, from £17.4m to £21.6m.
The company grew its staff numbers from 241 to 395, and client numbers increased from 110,000 to 142,000.
Andrew Dunkerley, financial director at Be Wiser, said: “‘We have spent heavily on increasing staffing numbers and training so that the company can meet expected growth with
- Folgate teams up with MS Amlin for 2019
- Touchstone recruits four business development managers in regional broker drive
- Vivek Banga to leave Gallagher for Polaris
- Motor insurance pay-outs soar to record levels
- InsurTech Futures: Start-up With Jack authorised by the FCA
- Bridge breaks through £10m barrier
- Profile: Peter Cullum, Towergate founder and GRP chairman