The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has fined three HSBC firms, including HSBC Insurance Brokers, over £3 million for not having adequate systems and controls in place to protect their customers' confidential details from being lost or stolen. HSBC Insurance Brokers was fined £700,000 in total.
The firms' failings have contributed to customer data being lost in the post on two occasions.
During its investigation into the firms' data security systems and controls, the FSA found that large
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product