The Financial Services Authority (FSA) has fined three HSBC firms, including HSBC Insurance Brokers, over £3 million for not having adequate systems and controls in place to protect their customers' confidential details from being lost or stolen. HSBC Insurance Brokers was fined £700,000 in total.
The firms' failings have contributed to customer data being lost in the post on two occasions.
During its investigation into the firms' data security systems and controls, the FSA found that large
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- People Moves Round-up: 6-13 September 2019
- Egan reveals thinking behind RSA's commercial merger