Law-breaking motorists are feeling the heat, as record numbers of uninsured vehicles are being seized and crushed, according to the Association of British Insurers. The use of automatic number plate recognition technology by the UK police has led to more than 100,000 uninsured vehicles being seized in roadside checks so far this year. Of this figure, approximately 45,000 have been crushed. In comparison, 78,000 uninsured vehicles were seized during 2006.
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April