Following an operational review, Zurich has announced changes to the structure of its general insurance business in the UK. The insurer is to close its customer contact centre in Newcastle, cutting 505 jobs, which will see the centre close by the end of March 2007. In addition, Zurich is transferring its personal lines consumer services work out of Portsmouth by mid 2007, which will affect 140 jobs. Also, the transfer of motor claims handling out of Cardiff by 2007 will affect 86 jobs.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results