The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) paid out £175m in compensation last year according to the figures in its 2004/05 Annual Report. Of this, £113m was paid in compensation for claims relating to insolvent insurance firms such as Independent Insurance and Chester Street. In addition telephone enquiries to the FSCS rose by 75% (to 43,281) while written enquiries rose by 48% (to 34,897).
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services