The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) paid out £175m in compensation last year according to the figures in its 2004/05 Annual Report. Of this, £113m was paid in compensation for claims relating to insolvent insurance firms such as Independent Insurance and Chester Street. In addition telephone enquiries to the FSCS rose by 75% (to 43,281) while written enquiries rose by 48% (to 34,897).
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData