Allianz Cornhill revealed favourable weather and low catastrophe losses aided its solid performance across both commercial and personal lines (PL) in the first half of 2004.
The insurer recorded a 13.2% increase in pre-tax profits for the first half of 2004, compared to last year. In general insurance, gross written premiums reached £936.6m, up 2.3% from last year. Its overall pre-tax profit was £92.4m, with a 95.1% combined ratio - from 95.9% last year.
The company said that benign weather an
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti