Allianz Cornhill revealed favourable weather and low catastrophe losses aided its solid performance across both commercial and personal lines (PL) in the first half of 2004.
The insurer recorded a 13.2% increase in pre-tax profits for the first half of 2004, compared to last year. In general insurance, gross written premiums reached £936.6m, up 2.3% from last year. Its overall pre-tax profit was £92.4m, with a 95.1% combined ratio - from 95.9% last year.
The company said that benign weather an
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData