Former Secretary of State Michael Portillo was forced to suspend hisaddress to the conference after a member of the audience collapsed on theopening morning.
Mr Portillo was halfway through his address when the delegate was takenill, and organisers were forced to clear the auditorium while the manreceived medical treatment before being transferred to a localhospital.
The audience returned 40 minutes later.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups