Over the past 12 months the cost of motor insurance for young drivers has risen on average by four times the rate of inflation, according to research by Co-operative Insurance. In 2008, young drivers suffered an 11.5% hike in their insurance premiums, compared with an inflation rate of 3.1%. The average cost of insurance for drivers under 25 now stands at £1,463.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future