The Office of Fair Trading (OFT)'s report into the UK liability insurance markets has been met with a positive response by the industry, as has its call for moves towards a long-term solution to the sector's problems.
The five-month study was undertaken after complaints from businesses over sudden, sharp increases in the cost of liability insurance, and capacity shortages that saw some occupations unable to get cover at all.
The study found no evidence of a widespread lack of availability of l
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData