Insurance industry insiders have backed the influx of capital into various aspects of the market, despite the negative publicity that venture capitalists (VC) and private equity (PE) firms have received recently.
Since 2005, nearly £1.5bn has been invested in the insurance industry via VC and PE funds. Every type of firm from IT providers and brokers, such as Towergate and Alexander Forbes, to underwriters and insurers, such as Hyperion, have all been involved in re-financing deals or buyouts
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April