Towergate shows no signs of letting up on its consolidation drive, with plans to acquire broking firms struggling to meet the new solvency requirements in January 2008.
The confirmation comes against a backdrop of results that indicate the consolidator is in rugged health. Sales in 2006 nudged past the £1bn mark, after it was revealed that on an annualised basis, Towergate now manages client policy premiums in excess of £1.5bn across the extended group of companies.
The most significant result
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services