The insurance industry and the Government have united to create a new weapon to hit fraudsters who are claiming benefits.
Under the new scheme, personal-injury claims will be electronically referred to a dedicated benefit-office operation in the north-east of England, which will cross-check claimants against a list of benefit recipients - and root out cheats.
The Government believes the scheme will prove a winner with the Benefits Agency and the industry, as the system will enable insurers to
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board