Insurance firms are at risk of breaching Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) regulations if they fail to secure and digitise their data storage, a technology provider has warned.
According to ONStor, organisations must ensure that all paper records are digitised and stored securely by October 2007, or they may be in breach of the DPA.
Gerald Sommariva, managing director at ONStor UK, commented: "Compliance is often the trigger for considering whether you have a secure storage solution.
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK