More than 24% of businesses in the UK have been affected by crime at least once in the past 12 months, according to a survey by RSA.
The insurer's research found that, in the last year alone, one in four businesses were hit by crime on at least one occasion, and as many as 82,000 businesses were affected by crime on at least five occasions.
Of the businesses that suffered loss or damage, theft was the most common incident (64%), with 42% experiencing vandalism, 9% violence and 7% arson.
In 13,000 c
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups