More than 24% of businesses in the UK have been affected by crime at least once in the past 12 months, according to a survey by RSA.
The insurer's research found that, in the last year alone, one in four businesses were hit by crime on at least one occasion, and as many as 82,000 businesses were affected by crime on at least five occasions.
Of the businesses that suffered loss or damage, theft was the most common incident (64%), with 42% experiencing vandalism, 9% violence and 7% arson.
In 13,000 c
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future