Data Protection experts have warned that senior insurance executives could soon be facing prison sentences if they misuse personal data.
The Government has called for a crackdown on people selling or obtaining personal information illegally and have proposed adding jail terms to the sentencing regime under the 1998 Data Protection Act (DPA), together with unlimited fines.
The Department of Constitutional Affairs (DCA) announced its intentions after the apparent increase in the trade in persona
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m