Data Protection experts have warned that senior insurance executives could soon be facing prison sentences if they misuse personal data.
The Government has called for a crackdown on people selling or obtaining personal information illegally and have proposed adding jail terms to the sentencing regime under the 1998 Data Protection Act (DPA), together with unlimited fines.
The Department of Constitutional Affairs (DCA) announced its intentions after the apparent increase in the trade in
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products