Data Protection experts have warned that senior insurance executives could soon be facing prison sentences if they misuse personal data.
The Government has called for a crackdown on people selling or obtaining personal information illegally and have proposed adding jail terms to the sentencing regime under the 1998 Data Protection Act (DPA), together with unlimited fines.
The Department of Constitutional Affairs (DCA) announced its intentions after the apparent increase in the trade in persona
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData