Fortis UK has acquired Text2Insure, a mobile phone quote and purchasing channel. Using SMS text technology to sell insurance, Text2Insure provides access to quotations and purchasing of insurance in the UK. The product was initially designed to offer travel insurance to those who had not arranged cover before their trip, including the capability to buy when at the airport. This has now been extended to the delivery of quotes for car insurance.
Barry Smith, chief executive of Fortis, said that
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData