Allianz Cornhill has stepped up its underwriting strategy to keep up with advances in technology.
The insurer claims to be the first in the industry to specifically define high tech gadgets such as PDAs and digital cameras in its specialist computer cover, having responded to an increasing number of claims arising from these devices.
Martin Ball, underwriting manager, Allianz Cornhill Engineering, explained: "Due to IT improvements and greater sales of some items, we changed our policy wording
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal