Allianz Cornhill has stepped up its underwriting strategy to keep up with advances in technology.
The insurer claims to be the first in the industry to specifically define high tech gadgets such as PDAs and digital cameras in its specialist computer cover, having responded to an increasing number of claims arising from these devices.
Martin Ball, underwriting manager, Allianz Cornhill Engineering, explained: "Due to IT improvements and greater sales of some items, we changed our policy wording
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018