Allianz Cornhill has stepped up its underwriting strategy to keep up with advances in technology.
The insurer claims to be the first in the industry to specifically define high tech gadgets such as PDAs and digital cameras in its specialist computer cover, having responded to an increasing number of claims arising from these devices.
Martin Ball, underwriting manager, Allianz Cornhill Engineering, explained: "Due to IT improvements and greater sales of some items, we changed our policy wording
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall