Small brokers will take the impact of another wave of regulation from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), as a result of new legislation in the Consumer Credit Act 2006.
Last month, the FOS was given jurisdiction to investigate complaints against companies with a Consumer Credit Act license - a move that will affect up to 100,000 firms, including brokers.
Andrew Welch, head of litigation and insurance at Stephensons Solicitors, said licensees would have to comply with the strict complaints
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers
- Saga picks Patrick O’Sullivan as chairman
- Lloyd’s and Kanye West settle £7.4m suit - reports
- PIB launches risk management business