Broker systems provider Misys has hit back at a report claiming brokers are losing their share of the home insurance market to banks and building societies.
Defaqto's Home Insurance in the UK, (Insurance Age, June 2005) stated the trend is set to continue, particularly if regulation continues to push brokerages out of business.
Misys responded by saying the figures from the brokers it deals with reveal the opposite - that brokers are trading more household business every year.
John Dawson, head
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK