Software broking house Misys General Insurance recorded a 15% year-on-year increase in the number of EDI policies written by its brokers during March and believes it is indicative of personal line broking's strength.
The biggest increases were across newer business lines, with commercial vehicle up more than 40%, household 36%, and bike more than doubling.
Motor, despite being a mature business line, showed growth of almost 10%.
Mark Ryder, Misys GI's commercial director, commented: "The fact t
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups