The Financial Services Authority (FSA) is facing criticism for its decision to retain the existing limits on payments to consumers by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).
The Financial Services Consumer Panel said there were strong arguments for the removal of limits on compensation payments altogether.
John Howard, the chairman of the panel, said that consumers who lose out through mis-selling or the collapse of an FSA-regulated firm sho
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016