Insurance brokers relying on back-up tapes to store and recover their data need on average 19.5 hours to get themselves up and running again, according to a report. Risky business, published by Connect, found that 5% of those surveyed needed more than three days to get back online. In addition, it revealed that one in 10 brokers had lost important data as a result of back-up failure and that one in three UK brokers had experienced a major server problem every six months.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall