Insurance Australia Group (IAG) has acquired Equity Insurance in a bid to develop its presence in the UK.
Equity will now become a key part of IAG's growing presence, which currently comprises Hastings and Advantage, which were acquired in September 2006.
Following the acquisition, Neil Utley will remain as chief executive of Equity and join IAG's executive team. He commented that IAG was keen to expand into other countries and become a significant presence in the UK market: "IAG is a major pl
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017
- CEO Watson "encouraged" by Ageas UK 2017 results