The government has failed to grasp the importance of improving the UK's flood defences, according to the director-general of the Association of British Insurers. Stephen Haddrill said: "Government spending for the next three years is less than we were asking for, even before the floods. It does not begin to address the major issues, including drainage, which were highlighted this summer."
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018