Norwich Union (NU) has acquired HPI - an independent provider of vehicle information - from Pheonix Equity Partners for £120m. HPI provides vehicle status checks for used car purchases in the UK and is the market leader with around 60% market share. The move follows on from NU's recent acquisition of the motor sales business Oneswoop.com and the launch of its roadside assistance service Norwich Union Rescue.
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018