Norwich Union (NU) has acquired HPI - an independent provider of vehicle information - from Pheonix Equity Partners for £120m. HPI provides vehicle status checks for used car purchases in the UK and is the market leader with around 60% market share. The move follows on from NU's recent acquisition of the motor sales business Oneswoop.com and the launch of its roadside assistance service Norwich Union Rescue.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly