Norwich Union (NU) has acquired HPI - an independent provider of vehicle information - from Pheonix Equity Partners for £120m. HPI provides vehicle status checks for used car purchases in the UK and is the market leader with around 60% market share. The move follows on from NU's recent acquisition of the motor sales business Oneswoop.com and the launch of its roadside assistance service Norwich Union Rescue.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017