Travel insurers faced a collective claims bill of more than £400m last year, according to travel insurance specialist InsureandGo.
Based on research that looked into its claims data and market share, InsureandGo estimated that the travel insurance industry received nearly two million claims in 2007, and identified the top five claims.
Medical notifications topped the list at more than half a million, at an estimated cost of £242m, while the value of the average medical claim was around £477, compa
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal