Brokers hit by aggressive rate cutting from insurers chasing volume have predicted widespread job losses in the personal lines sector.
The concern has prompted the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) to renew its call on insurers to increase commission to offset falling income through rate cuts.
A steady stream of brokers have complained to Insurance Age that their commission has been severely eroded by recent rate cuts, although brokers are loath to put their heads above the parapet
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley