Brokers hit by aggressive rate cutting from insurers chasing volume have predicted widespread job losses in the personal lines sector.
The concern has prompted the British Insurance Brokers' Association (Biba) to renew its call on insurers to increase commission to offset falling income through rate cuts.
A steady stream of brokers have complained to Insurance Age that their commission has been severely eroded by recent rate cuts, although brokers are loath to put their heads above the parapet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products