Axa stated that it had pressed for the change, which it argued would strengthen the standard of training, documentation and complaints handling within the travel industry.
It added that FSA regulation would give consumers the added protection that a fully regulated environment brings including automatic access to the Financial Ombudsman Scheme (FOS), which was not available under the current ABTA scheme.
Anthony Middle, general manager, Corporate Partnerships at Axa said: “We believe that th
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges