Axa stated that it had pressed for the change, which it argued would strengthen the standard of training, documentation and complaints handling within the travel industry.
It added that FSA regulation would give consumers the added protection that a fully regulated environment brings including automatic access to the Financial Ombudsman Scheme (FOS), which was not available under the current ABTA scheme.
Anthony Middle, general manager, Corporate Partnerships at Axa said: “We believe that th
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti