This was despite the fact that profit before tax dropped to £197m (2006: £239m) with the combined ratio rising to 97.8% (2006: 94%). He blamed this on the summer flooding which he claimed impacted results to the tune of £83m. Premium income rose to £1398m, a record for the company, up by over £100m on last year.
Commercial lines and retail business also experienced considerable growth but again, combined ratio in both portfolios rose with the retail business now sitting at nearly 102%.
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018