The Environment Agency has also:Inspected 8500km of flood defences and spent £5m on repairing those few that were damaged, including in Upton, Sedgeberrow and Grimsby Worked with Local Resilience Forums in areas where surface water flooding happened, such as Sheffield, Hull and Doncaster, to help people better prepare for flooding Spent £125m on investigations and maintenance along main rivers, including CCTV surveys along rivers in Gloucester to check for and clear blockages.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups