Brian Brown, head of insight and author of the report said that due to the credit crunch, people in the UK may to choose to limit themselves to one trip abroad this year, and spend more time visiting friends and family in the UK.
He said: "This year customers are more likely to take holidays at home rather than abroad. The number of overseas trips is showing a decline for the first time in two decades with fewer trips to many of the usual destinations."
Mr Brown said that with fewer holidays being
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints