Brian Brown, head of insight and author of the report said that due to the credit crunch, people in the UK may to choose to limit themselves to one trip abroad this year, and spend more time visiting friends and family in the UK.
He said: "This year customers are more likely to take holidays at home rather than abroad. The number of overseas trips is showing a decline for the first time in two decades with fewer trips to many of the usual destinations."
Mr Brown said that with fewer holidays being
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Meet the Leeds Expo panellists: Simon Mabb
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m