Under the FSA proposals, individual compensation limits for deposits, investments and home finance will be set at £50,000. Insurance customers, however, will have 100% protection for compulsory classes (such as motor and employers' liability) and 90% protection for other classes of insurance with no upper limit.
Ann Peel, IIB head of Technical Services said the sustainability of any scheme which offers unlimited guarantees to customers has to be questioned: "We are urging the FSA to place a cap
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products