According to Roy Ferretti, financial planning advisor with Taylor Patterson, the Preston-based financial advisory group, up to 80% of businesses do not have the necessary protection.
Most businesses should look at investing in either Key Man Insurance – a policy taken out on the life of a key executive, with the company as beneficiary – or Share Protection, which deals with the complication of what happens to shares of a deceased executive.
Mr Ferretti warned that small businesses are most a
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board