Robert James, chief executive officer, and directors Stuart Lawton and Paul Adams all worked at BPS until it went into administration.
Months before, during a routine visit, the FSA discovered that all three had continually failed to admit to the deficit from the time when they originally applied for authorisation until the date of the visit. They had also used client money in January and February 2005 to pay BPS’ general expenses, further increasing the deficit.
The FSA established that all
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand