A spokeswoman for Allianz SE confirmed that the insurer faced about €400m of potential losses on investments related to the US banking firm. However, she stressed the potential losses were not critical and represented about 0.1% of assets.
Aviva and Axa have already revealed significant exposures to the fallout from Lehman Brothers and the near-collapse of AIG.
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017