HWS's reinsurance broking business will be combined with JLT's existing Non-Marine Treaty operation and will trade as part of JLT Re. The UK wholesale business will be integrated within JLT's UK insurance broking business.
HWS will b purchased from its shareholders, which consist wholly of its management and employees, for a net cash consideration comprising an initial payment of £5m and a deferred element up to a maximum of £3.75m.
The deferred element is based on the future performance of
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five