However, the report also identified trends being accelerated by the credit crunch that suggest that the market may harden in the near future.
In most lines of business the overall EMEA insurance market continued to soften due to strong competition. However, as a result of the global credit crunch and financial market turmoil since Q4 2007, trade credit insurance loss ratios increased and the market hardened.
Jeremy Cooke, head of global market relationship management at Marsh, said: “Trade c
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Blog: Brokers – get plugged in to electric vehicles
- Arnott Marine launches marine liability facility for UK brokers